Pregnancy is a beautiful time for many women. If it’s your first or 10th baby, pregnancy is the best time for a woman to take care of herself. To make the most of it, follow our seven steps to a healthy pregnancy below.
- Eat the rainbow. Exposing your unborn baby to healthy fruits and veggies, plus plenty of protein, is a good idea while pregnant. Eating small, frequent meals throughout the day may be best for nausea. Your doctor may also recommend prenatal vitamins in addition to a healthy diet.
- Exercise. Moving and using your body will give you the strength and endurance you’ll need to carry extra weight during pregnancy. Additionally, exercise is a great way to reduce stress and improve circulation.
- When you’re tired, rest. Take breaks as often as you can. Nap when time (or other children) allows. Growing a new life is hard work! Use it as an excuse to put your feet up and relax.
- Listen to your aches and pains. No question is silly during pregnancy. If something with your body feels off, inform your doctor or midwife. And of course, if you have foot or back pain, our product, MaternaSoles, can certainly help.
- Drink plenty of water. Hydration is crucial for you and your growing baby. If you get tired of plain water, try infusing your water with fruits like strawberries, lemons, limes, or oranges to change it up.
- Learn! Take time to read books about babies and take classes to learn all you can so that you can make educated choices once he or she arrives. Of course there’s nothing that can prepare you perfectly for motherhood, but educating yourself can help put your mind at ease.
- Do something for you. Make a point to take time each week to do something you want to do. Ideas include taking a relaxing bath or just window shopping. Enjoying the final days before baby arrives can be a great way to help you mentally prepare for the big changes ahead.
How do you plan to take care of yourself during pregnancy? Feel free to leave additional tips!
If you know a mom-to-be, help her stay comfortable by giving her MaternaSole™, the shoe insert specially designed to help ease back in pregnant women! For more information on MaternaSole™, visit our Web site at innersolegroup.com or call us at 877-FOOT-EZE (877-366-8393).